Radiofabrik - Salzburg´s Community Radio: Good Listening
We are Salzburg's ad free Community Radio. Everyone is invited to participate. This leads to diversity of opinion trough all generations, cultures and social groups. And a music programme apart the mainstream.
Who are we?
We understand ourselves as community.
- Programme makers create programme on their own initiative and responsibility and free of charge.
- Employees organize infrastructure, finance and education
- We are all organized in the non-profit association "Freier Rundfunk Salzburg".
What are we doing?
We create programme
- As open and lively community radio we give interested people the chance to publicize their content. Our own editorial staff focuses on local news. Main topics are civil society, local culture and local music.
We convey competence
- We are an open institution for further education concerning broadcasting. We develope media pedagogic offers and pass our know-how.
We do projects
- We have a lot of experience with local, national and international media-projects. In this context we activate groups and participate at innovations and media-political developments.
- Open access
Everybody is invited to participate at Radiofabrik. Especially these, who are underrepresented in other media.
- Freedom of expression
Our members operate on their own responsibility, without getting censored. Sexist, racist, violence advocating and antidemocratic contents, religious propaganda and advertising's are forbidden.
We are independent from national, commercial and religious institutions and political party's.
We represent the social and linguistic diversity of Salzburg.
We develop trough feedback and further education.
- Good conditions of employment
We offer a clear requirement of performance and fair payment.
How do we finance Radiofabrik?
- Own economical activity
Examples are project development or further education.
- Public support
We receive a part of the national Radio licence fees and get financial support from the city and the province of Salzburg, concerning culture.
- Donation, sponsoring, internal activity
Examples are financial contributions of the members or nonsalaried activity.